About this role
As a key member of our team, you will be the first point of contact for new clients. You will also provide administrative support for Tea & Toast’s CEO, our Director of Operations, and our Senior Living Advisors.
We are a growing company in an industry that is constantly evolving, so it is critical that you have the ability to be flexible, innovative, and responsive. A great sense of humour doesn’t hurt, either!
Our clients often come to us in a highly emotional state. You will need to be ready to listen with patience and compassion and gently guide them through the next steps.
Everything we do is team-based and client-centred. Effective communication is the cornerstone of our success.
About Tea & Toast
Tea & Toast works in collaboration with seniors and their loved ones, navigating the complex senior living industry. In senior living, education is key. Tea & Toast Advisors understand the industry from the inside out, empowering their clients and assisting them in making appropriate and informed decisions for, and with, their loved ones. As the family’s advocate, a Tea & Toast Advisor will help guide families on their journey from discussing care needs, to touring, to home selection and relocation, all while keeping our senior’s needs and preferences at the forefront.
Essential tasks and responsibilities
- Answer phone calls
- Perform client intake
- Schedule and attend client intake meetings (phone/video)
- Transcribe, edit, store, and manage client and partner information using our softwares
- Manage online contract documentation process
- Support Advisors in their day-to-day activities – calendars, scheduling, queries
- Perform tasks related to business development and business expansion
Ideally, you will come to us with experience as an administrative assistant. Mostly, we’re looking for someone who has the confidence to work independently, is open to learning new things, is great with people, and has solid critical thinking skills.
Familiarity with the Google Drive Suite is preferred.
Knowledge of the healthcare landscape would be a bonus, but it’s not essential. Your willingness to learn is important, though. A great team is ready to support you throughout your training and beyond.
- You will work almost exclusively from your home office and provide your own computer and office equipment.
- The team meets in person once a month in the Ottawa, Ontario area.
- We enjoy team retreats twice a year, in the spring and fall. We go to awesome places!
- Occasionally you may be asked to represent Tea & Toast in person at events in the Ottawa community – Good Companions Seniors Centre, for example.
Our whole team has access to benefits and vacation pay! An individual's salary is based on experience and will be discussed with the applicant directly.